Odyssey Systems Consulting Group Workplace Policy for Covid-19 Prevention and Management
Version Effective October 30, 2020
To Be Updated as CDC and Government Guidance Changes
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported—ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. As a result, Odyssey is taking all possible precautions to limit risk in the workplace; however, in order to effectively do so, Odyssey requires the cooperation of its employees and visitors. Odyssey has also developed and published a Comprehensive FAQs On The COVID-19 Coronavirus and encourages all employees to follow the embedded link and read and review these FAQs.
Employees or visitors are not permitted to enter any Odyssey corporate office or any work-site if they are experiencing any of the below symptoms:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing;
- Muscle pain;
- Sore throat; or
- New loss of taste or smell.
All corporate offices will log all temporary visitors to the office (e.g., those dropping off packages or business partners) to enable contact tracing.
Employees diagnosed with COVID-19 will not be permitted to return to work until
- At least 72 hours has elapsed since recovery (no fever for three full days without the use of fever-reducing medications); and,
- Improvement in respiratory systems (e.g., cough, shortness of breath); and,
- At least 10 days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Employees who experienced COVID-19 symptoms, but were not medically confirmed or tested, may return to the work if these three conditions are met; or, may return to work earlier if they obtain a medical professional’s note clearing them to return to work due to an alternative diagnosis, which has been provided to and approved by Odyssey Human Resources. Any Employees with known close contact with a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 may not return to work until the end of the 14-day self-quarantine period from the last date of exposure.
Employees who meet the above criteria to return to work, but who have been medically advised not to return to work because of underlying medical conditions or age should contact Team Member Service at the Helpdesk by calling 781.327.5867 to discuss options.
Employees who are able to return to work must follow all of the below steps while at work:
- Maintain at least 6 feet of separation from other individuals.
- Adhere to floor markings related to space distancing in common areas.
- Wash hands upon entering the building and often throughout the day. Always wash hands after touching any item that also is touched by others. Hands should be washed for at least 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer may be used when hand-washing is not convenient. Use hand sanitizer from one of the provided dispensers or use personal hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Do not share dishes, drinking glasses, cups or eating utensils with others.
- Do not share work tools with others without thoroughly sanitizing the tool between users. Sanitizing wipes will be provided for this purpose.
- Wear cloth face coverings (over nose and mouth) when within 6 feet of another individual (masks will be provided or employees may wear their own).
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, throwing the tissue away.
- Any other steps as directed by the applicable location workplace specific safety standards as issued by Odyssey, government facility, or site administrator.
Employees who develop COVID-19 symptoms at work should immediately contact their Odyssey supervisor. The supervisor must immediately contact their Odyssey Program Manager and Odyssey Human Resources by calling 781.327.5867. In emergency situations, employees will be sent to the emergency room or 911 will be called. In non-emergency situations, employees who are able to go home will be instructed to go home immediately. Employees who need to wait for transportation will be instructed to wait in a designated isolation area. This policy will be updated as governmental guidance changes.
Questions about telework, sick leave, or other issues should be directed to your Odyssey supervisor or by contacting the Odyssey Human Resources by calling 781.327.5867.
Please retain a copy of this document for your own reference. If you have any questions, please contact the Odyssey Helpdesk at email@example.com from any computer or smartphone.